Buy now and install in spring or buy later?

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
At 55 degrees the average person loses dexterity within 15 minutes. Does a kid last longer ? Of course. doesn’t make it a smart idea. I’m the biggest fan of having fun there is. In cold water I highly recommend making it a short amount of time having fun.

Attachments

Kari_MA

Jul 21, 2019
MA
I think The Pool Factory had something like 40% off when we bought in January. They always have a sale going on but it seemed to peak in the winter.
Wow! Since we won’t swim til next year anyway I guess I will use the next few months to watch prices and buy when they drop more. Thanks!

Reactions: thefloatqueen

thefloatqueen

Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, OH
I bought my pool at the very end of March this year and didn’t get it set up until the end of last week of July (thanks to extensive leveling work and a LAZY husband!) but I had been tracking Intex AGP prices daily ever since February prior to that. They would fluctuate almost daily but I have heard the cheapest time is throughout the Fall when most people have closed or are closing their pools. I paid $700 on Amazon for my 18’ round Intex Ultra Frame in April (really kicking myself big time for not spending the extra $100 to get the XTR version...ugh!). I would wait a couple months, personally.

Which pool are you looking at specifically?

Last edited:

thefloatqueen

Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, OH
I bought mine n had it shipped in March. It st in the boxes til near August.
OMG me too lol!! That massive box took up so much space in my 2nd living room (the nice one “no one uses” lol), plus I had a big box with my larger upgraded filter sitting in there too! Well, mine was bought at the very end of March and arrived April 1st and sat in box until July 29th (which I pretty much consider August lol).

Last edited:
Reactions: Casey

cj133

May 6, 2018
NJ
I bought my pool at the very end of March this year and didn’t get it set up until the end of last week of July (thanks to extensive leveling work and a LAZY husband!) but I had been tracking Intex AGP prices daily ever since February prior to that. They would fluctuate almost daily but I have heard the cheapest time is throughout the Fall when most people have closed or are closing their pools. I paid $700 on Amazon for my 18’ round Intex Ultra Frame in April (really kicking myself big time for not spending the extra $100 to get the XTR version...ugh!). I would wait a couple months, personally.

Which pool are you looking at specifically?

I don't know if there's must correlation between the temporary pools bought at a store and a semi-permanent AGP with rigid wall.
Like I said, the sales I saw seemed to peak in January.

Reactions: thefloatqueen

thefloatqueen

Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, OH
I don't know if there's must correlation between the temporary pools bought at a store and a semi-permanent AGP with rigid wall.
Like I said, the sales I saw seemed to peak in January.
You could be correct. I’m just going based off my own experience. I would just think if you’re buying any type of AGP and want the best deal, fall or winter would be the best bet. But as always, YMMV.

wogster

In The Industry
Apr 30, 2018
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If you can get a really good deal, then perhaps you can order it and put down a deposit now, have them ship it in the spring. This would allow you to lock in a price, make sure it will be available, but not lose time on the warranty.