Burning Eyes...Help!

No. But why would you add calcium chloride to a vinyl liner pool?

It would have added about 60 ppm calcium to your pool.

Is it normal if I dumped 12 lbs of calcium chloride into the pool yesterday, that my CH is still 0?? I’m so confused!

no, it should have raised it up and registered on the test.

Are you sure you used the right testing liquids? Some have accidentally used the wrong ones and got weird results.

Did you mix the calcium chloride in a bucket of water then slowly pour it in over a return jet in the deep end?
Or did you just dump it in directly in the pool?

Mixing in a bucket of water first is the best way to add it.

no, it should have raised it up and registered on the test.

Are you sure you used the right testing liquids? Some have accidentally used the wrong ones and got weird results.

Did you mix the calcium chloride in a bucket of water then slowly pour it in over a return jet in the deep end?
Or did you just dump it in directly in the pool?

Mixing in a bucket of water first is the best way to add it.

It should be broadcast, dry, over the deep end of the pool if you have one.

If you're mixing it into a bucket, especially at any quantity, please be careful, when dissolving in water it creates an exothermic reaction and that bucket will get HOT

It should be broadcast, dry, over the deep end of the pool if you have one.

If you're mixing it into a bucket, especially at any quantity, please be careful, when dissolving in water it creates an exothermic reaction and that bucket will get HOT

True, it does get very warm.
I should have clarified to only do this with a pound or two at a time...at most.

However mixing chemicals in a bucket of water then pouring over a deep end jet is the safest method.
Just something I prefer to do.

However mixing chemicals in a bucket of water then pouring over a deep end jet is the safest method.

NOT with CYA, I would caution. Can it be done correctly the way borjis is describing? Probably. Is it really easy for someone who's never done it before to get it wrong and end up dumping a bunch of CYA in that sinks to the bottom and ends up staining your brand new pebble finish permanently? YES!!! Not that I would care to admit to that... :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.