illnarrator

Jan 26, 2021
Orlando
Here we go :) Purchased the house with a buried pool six months back. Real estate agent found a few pics so we're working of those. Neighbor told me the previous owners were way into cars and buried the pool with the intention of building a two story garage but other neighbors objected so they sold the house. Just getting started but it looks like they jack hammered the decking and bond beam.
another pool pic.jpegIMG_4884.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4884.jpeg
    IMG_4884.jpeg
    784.2 KB · Views: 32
  • another pool pic.jpeg
    another pool pic.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 31
Wow, what a project, definitely looking forward to following this journey. I have heard of people doing this, but it seems crazy to me. Weird that they ripped up the lower portion of the beam, I could see getting rid of the raised deck to make everything flat, but no reason to do the bottom. I would have figured out how to give my garage a hidden basement before filling it in... or at least get some permits before spending money to fill it in only to reduce the value of the house. Not all pools bring a ton of value, but down here, it certainly has never hurt anyone's resale.

What part of town are you in?

Wow, what a project, definitely looking forward to following this journey. I have heard of people doing this, but it seems crazy to me. Weird that they ripped up the lower portion of the beam, I could see getting rid of the raised deck to make everything flat, but no reason to do the bottom. I would have figured out how to give my garage a hidden basement before filling it in... or at least get some permits before spending money to fill it in only to reduce the value of the house. Not all pools bring a ton of value, but down here, it certainly has never hurt anyone's resale.

What part of town are you in?
questionable choices for sure, College Park

I'm already confused. From the pic of your dig so far and comparing to the before, it looks like you're standing "in" the shallow end looking at the stairs...yet there is concrete under where you're standing. Did they concrete over the whole area after they filled in to further prep for that garage?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.