Buried Pool renovation

Hello! I have nothing valuable to add about your project but I’m rooting for you ! This thread is by far my favourite !! It’s like a tv series I want to binge watch but season two isn’t out yet 😂

Regarding SWG! I’m for it!! I don’t know about geographical differences that would affect it, I’m no scientist of sorts 😂 but I will say where I live, we had our pool for 40ish years as a regular chlorine pool. my dad bought his moms house off his siblings after her passing and then Last year we did a huge Reno, he wasn’t sure about SWG but I convinced him. Now our Reno has been nothing short of a disaster, i just posted a thread about our current disaster. But the one thing that’s been a godsend has been the SWG!!
I have 3 herniated discs, and my father is severely handicap/part time wheel chair user. Neither of us miss the chlorine jugs!! Neither of us miss drives to the pool shop. Neither of us miss the BLEACHED TRUNK from a leaky jug lol 😂
There is a downfall, our ph creeps up more than before requiring small doses, frequent muriatic acid. Which then requires baking soda to bring up the alk from time to time. But this kind of maintenance is worth ditching the chlorine jugs. Were also dealing with the rust issue, I’ll keep you posted if it doesn’t work out, but basically our pool guy sold us ladders that were suppose to be salt water friendly but they weren’t lol. Couple of months and they’re toast

ALSO, I don’t come on here too frequent but when I do, these guys have saved us buttloads of money with all their wisdom!!

Reactions: mguzzy
For some reason, I don't get emails when anyone posts to this thread even though all of my alert settings are checked. I only get emails when someone posts to a different thread that I commented on but didn't start. 🤷‍♂️

I was kinda hoping you guys forgot about it for like another month or so before anyone asked again.:)

We have a home addition going on at the same time and I've been pretty tied up with that.

Pool Guy #4 that the guy who sold us the house referred us to has come through. We've been in talks with him and we settled on a plan and a price and he will be fixing the pool for us. So it is definitely not getting re-buried.

We're going with all Pentair. IC40 SWG, Intelliflo variable speed pump, heat pump, DE filter, etc. Adding a tanning ledge, hot tub converted to adult seating area, 2 benches in the deep end, and a waterfall wall.

Right now we are hung up on the lights. His current plan is to install the Globrite LEDs.I have been reading some horror stories about them. I called Pentair yesterday and the lady I talked to on the phone said that the Globrites had a problem but that they changed the way they were made and shouldn't have the same leaking problem. Even so, I still kinda want to switch to Microbrites since I believe they are around the same price and don't have the proprietary niche, so we could replace them later if something happens with other brands instead of being stuck with Globrite. Regardless, we will have at least 2 Globrites because my wife asked him to put the LED bubblers in the tanning ledge.

Has anyone else heard/know if the Globrites have really been changed?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was kinda hoping you guys forgot about it for like another month or so before anyone asked again.:)
Are you kidding? This is one of the coolest threads going! It will not be forgotten until there is crystal water lapping the edges again.

Check your notifications in the thread settings. I think they are separate from the global notifications in your profile.

So glad to hear you found someone to work with you. This has been such an interesting thread, I know everyone following is eager to see you swimming in a sparkly TFP.

Good luck with pool guy #4. It sounds like you have a solid plan to move forward. I've got the popcorn ready to follow your progress.

For some reason, I don't get emails when anyone posts to this thread even though all of my alert settings are checked. I only get emails when someone posts to a different thread that I commented on but didn't start. 🤷‍♂️

We have a home addition going on at the same time and I've been pretty tied up with that.

Pool Guy #4 that the guy who sold us the house referred us to has come through. We've been in talks with him and we settled on a plan and a price and he will be fixing the pool for us. So it is definitely not getting re-buried.

We're going with all Pentair. IC40 SWG, Intelliflo variable speed pump, heat pump, DE filter, etc. Adding a tanning ledge, hot tub converted to adult seating area, 2 benches in the deep end, and a waterfall wall.

Right now we are hung up on the lights. His current plan is to install the Globrite LEDs.I have been reading some horror stories about them. I called Pentair yesterday and the lady I talked to on the phone said that the Globrites had a problem but that they changed the way they were made and shouldn't have the same leaking problem. Even so, I still kinda want to switch to Microbrites since I believe they are around the same price and don't have the proprietary niche, so we could replace them later if something happens with other brands instead of being stuck with Globrite. Regardless, we will have at least 2 Globrites because my wife asked him to put the LED bubblers in the tanning ledge.

Has anyone else heard/know if the Globrites have really been changed?
We had the same issue-we are going with the Globrites, but our dig just started so I have no first hand experience. I spoke to rep as well as PBs and a friend who has a pool maint company--all said go with the Globrites--lets see . . .

Did the builder give you drawings of what it will look like with the renovation? If so, we love pics!

We have a sketch and I'm in the process of producing my own 3D model....because why not???....so I'll post something soon. I got distracted on my 3D work before I finished putting the benches and stuff in

That's our thought process. I don't really see much use for a hot tub in South Louisiana unless it's a full spa with bubbles, etc. So we wanted to keep the seat there as it is and just let it be part of the pool. I assume it still needs good circulation, etc, so I figured we just take the wall down. Perhaps we can just take it down partially and still have adequate flow? Like cut a strip down the center and leave ~75% of the wall up?
We are in hot, hot west central Florida, and we use the spa all winter long. Sit out there and watch movies. We don't use it much in the summer, unless we have had a bunch of rain and the pool cools down too much (85 is cold for us, unless the air is mid 90's). We also have a sunshelf that we love all year round.
YMMV.

Go to your account details, then to preferences. Scroll at content options and check receive emails for created or watched notifications.
Hope this helps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.