Built in robot?

Welcome to TFP.

What is the model numbers of the cleaner the PB is offering?

Is it electric powered or use a booster pump for water power?

I suspect you will be better off with getting your own robot cleaner.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

My bet is your builder is confusing a pressure side cleaner with a true robot cleaner. As Allen @ajw22 suggested, ask for model numbers of the pool builders unit - then post that here for us to see and comment on.

If I were building a pool I would want to get this. But it is still only in beta.

Otherwise listen to Allen.

This looks nice! I sent an email to them, asking about the beta, but unfortunately the email address they list on their website bounced. Is Maytronics a long time, reputable, company?

They are, almost everybody's robot around here is a Maytronics. They are pretty much the pool robot leader.

Just ask your pool builder if he is planing on a pressure robot, if so turn it down and get a real robot. If you cannot get into the beta (I think it will be hard). Then plan on designing a good storage spot for a Maytronics robot and make sure you get a good GFI outlet installed close by to power.

Get think it through and do a nice design. It was one of the mistakes I made when I re did my pool.

They are, almost everybody's robot around here is a Maytronics. They are pretty much the pool robot leader.

Just ask your pool builder if he is planing on a pressure robot, if so turn it down and get a real robot. If you cannot get into the beta (I think it will be hard). Then plan on designing a good storage spot for a Maytronics robot and make sure you get a good GFI outlet installed close by to power.

Get think it through and do a nice design. It was one of the mistakes I made when I re did my pool.

Thanks. I'm currently on hold with them now, calling to see about the beta. My pool build is actually a different thread, and I don't want to hijack the OP's thread here ... but my PB originally spec'ed a pressure side cleaner, which I told them to remove. I did state I want the plumbing in place though, if I decided to use one in the future. My plan is to go with a robot. I was thinking the Prowler 920 initially, but am researching different options. I expect our PB to break ground in roughly 2 weeks.

So if you dont get on the beta, another option would also be to have your pool builder add another conduit that terminates around the spot you would want to put the poolside connect.

When you get through to Maytronics see if they can at least give you the specs on what they need. Pre build for it, and then you can always add it later when it ships.

So if you dont get on the beta, another option would also be to have your pool builder add another conduit that terminates around the spot you would want to put the poolside connect.

When you get through to Maytronics see if they can at least give you the specs on what they need. Pre build for it, and then you can always add it later when it ships.

I just got through. The rep didn't know what I was talking about, and had to put me on hold to find out. She came back and said the beta is only happening is Israel right now (where their parent company is located) and it's several years out from coming to the US. She said the person she spoke to was really surprised I had even heard about it, and wondered how I knew anything about it at all - LOL .... TFP for the win! (y)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.