Building a 12'x24'x48" block pool

Calvin Fenner

Dec 1, 2020
Jeffersonville IN
I'm a retired county employee from FL living in Indiana building a 12x24x4 block pool. The block is laid and the bottom poured. The inspector didn't like the fact I poured the bottom without inspecting the bonding, but I took pics first which seemed to satisfy him. I'm ready to pour the blocks solid then look at finishing the inside. Like other posts I've read I'd like to finish the inside as economically as I can and still be proud enough to invite others to swim. I looked at Quikwall by Quikrete, but cant find it available. Lowes and Home Depot advertise it but dont carry it. Any suggestions?

I'm a retired county employee from FL living in Indiana building a 12x24x4 block pool. The block is laid and the bottom poured. The inspector didn't like the fact I poured the bottom without inspecting the bonding, but I took pics first which seemed to satisfy him. I'm ready to pour the blocks solid then look at finishing the inside. Like other posts I've read I'd like to finish the inside as economically as I can and still be proud enough to invite others to swim. I looked at Quikwall by Quikrete, but cant find it available. Lowes and Home Depot advertise it but dont carry it. Any suggestions?
So you dry stacked the block walls or did you do traditional mortar blocked wall? Just curious, I did a block pool.. Poured footers, put up the block wall with mortar, then poured the inners of the block wall for additional strength. I then did a vermiculite floor. Ran treated 2x6s around the top of the walls and installed aluminum pool coping.. Installed a vinyl liner, had the concrete deck poured. That was 5 years ago and the pool is excellent.

Attachments

• 100_0168.JPG
    100_0168.JPG
    329 KB · Views: 53
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.