Bubbles in pump sight glass

Feb 24, 2018
Richmond, TX
While running the pump on high (90%) the glass is completely filled with water and no bubbles at all, cant even tell theres water in there. While on low (40%) there are a few large bubbles and seems the water level drops just a hair. Is this normal while running the pump on lower speeds or is a leak possible. Pool is coming up on a year old and I want to get anything fixed while under warranty. Thanks

Can you post a picture of the bubbles? I agree it is usually normal to have a few bubbles but mine on 40% would have none.

Here is my pump with air bubbles in it when running at low RPMs. Sometimes the main bubble can be 3 or 4x the size but not much larger than that.

Bubbles clear on the next start due to pump running for 5 mins at a higher prime speed and then they slowly form again over time.

If you have a relatively large air space with water thrashing about, it may indicate a suction side leak.

Last edited:
Here is my pump with air bubbles in it when running at low RPMs. Sometimes the main bubble can be 3 or 4x the size but not much larger than that.

Bubbles clear on the next start due to pump running for 5 mins at a higher prime speed and then they slowly form again over time.

If you have a relatively large air space with water thrashing about, it may indicate a suction side leak.

Yep, that's what mine looks like. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.