Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Folks,

With all the new swg installations and a few people with problems I thought it might be helpful to post a video of mine in operation with the bubble coming out. It's a Circupool RJ 30+ and the VS motor is running at 1600 rpm, roughly 17 gpm. Also there are reflections that appear as debris inside the cell. It's actually clear as can be. Voltage reading is -23v and 4.24 amps. Click here for the video.

I hope this is helpful to somebody.

Chris

For the benefit of future reference for others - I'll add on old video of mine to this thread as well.

A popular brand here Downunder (Astralpool) also allows the user to alter the DC drive level to their SWCG which allows you to adjust the chlorine gas output of the cell rather than controlling the overall output by switching a cell on/off at a constant 100% drive level. From my limited understanding... :unsure: this method of controlling the cell's output does not seem as common in the US.

The video below simply shows the amount of gas being generated at various drive levels:

Last edited:
Costas,

Thanks for adding this. Interesting way to control, does it go through rest periods as well?

Chris

For the benefit of future reference for others - I'll add on old video of mine to this thread as well.

A popular brand here Downunder (Astralpool) also allows the user to alter the DC drive level to their SWCG which allows you to adjust the chlorine gas output of the cell rather than controlling the overall output by switching a cell on/off at a constant 100% drive level. From my limited understanding... :unsure: this method of controlling the cell's output does not seem as common in the US.

The video below simply shows the amount of gas being generated at various drive levels:

The edge works that way also, on my lowest setting you can barely see the bubbles.

Reactions: Costas > DownUnder
Costas,

Thanks for adding this. Interesting way to control, does it go through rest periods as well?

Chris

Hi Chris....

No rest period as such. SWG is always on whenever the pump is on.

Overall chlorine output is adjusted by the drive level as well as pump run time. It just allows for an extra variable that users can fiddle with to control overall daily chlorination levels.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Folks,

With all the new swg installations and a few people with problems I thought it might be helpful to post a video of mine in operation with the bubble coming out. It's a Circupool RJ 30+ and the VS motor is running at 1600 rpm, roughly 17 gpm. Also there are reflections that appear as debris inside the cell. It's actually clear as can be. Voltage reading is -23v and 4.24 amps. Click here for the video.

I hope this is helpful to somebody.

Chris

I'm new to the pool game and still figuring everything out. My pool has never functioned properly since Day 1 so I never know what is "normal" vs broken. Your video is what mine looks like too. I was assuming that was the chlorine being produced is that correct? I noticed anytime I see what I thought was chlorine being produced bubbles also come out of my return. Normal or broken? lol My RJ45 cell was broken after 1 week of running (defective cell) and Circupool sent me a new one so I'm already on my second cell.

As Marty indicates yes, both are very much normal. Depending on flow rates, piping residence time, and chlorine production rates you may see less bubbles or even none in the returns.

Reactions: JessB412

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.