Bubbles! - Chems doing their THANG or.... ????

RunningMeg

Jun 18, 2022
Pennsylvania
I never had bubbles before! Google says it's chemicals doing their thing OR air leak.

I have bubbles in: My pool, on my cartridge filter when I take it out, in my little catcher basket, in that little swooshy thing filled with water beside the thing that has my cartridge in it... (please don't judge I bought the house/pool still new to all)

This all started when the pool company opened the pool and put in the chems. Water has been tested and apparently chemistry is good. Pump has been on for 4 days.

TIA to any and all insight. I love scouring this site for pool tips. You

Messenger_creation_38fc770c-4ba2-42f3-961e-b9bdedb6427b.jpeg

It is from the chems. Nothing to worry about.

Have you put any liquid chlorine or bleach in the water?

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_796fd198-d9f3-4b0e-b321-c97a74ddba22.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_796fd198-d9f3-4b0e-b321-c97a74ddba22.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Messenger_creation_fcaaf1d2-f7af-4075-97ed-737cd4a353d7~3.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_fcaaf1d2-f7af-4075-97ed-737cd4a353d7~3.jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Messenger_creation_ee18ea7b-5329-4cd7-acfa-719e7b2c2261~2.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_ee18ea7b-5329-4cd7-acfa-719e7b2c2261~2.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 22
The first pic they added when they opened my pool. Had a lot of dirt and debris in it. Filter helped can see the bottom now just cloudy! Three days after opening I got water tested and added the three products you see in the last two pics.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Meg,

We do not recommend any of the pool store "Magic" potions that have been added to your pool. They are basically made to make your pool store richer and keep you coming back for more Bull Feathers... :cry:

We have a much better way to maintain your pool water.. You should take a good read through our Pool School.

Pool Care Basics

With a proper test kit, you can maintain your own pool and be rid of the pool store for life.

We would be happy to get you pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Meg,

We do not recommend any of the pool store "Magic" potions that have been added to your pool. They are basically made to make your pool store richer and keep you coming back for more Bull Feathers... :cry:

We have a much better way to maintain your pool water.. You should take a good read through our Pool School.

Pool Care Basics

With a proper test kit, you can maintain your own pool and be rid of the pool store for life.

We would be happy to get you pointed in the right direction.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thank you! Other than reading pool school is there another place you would like to direct me?

Order a test kit asap (Taylor k2006c or tf100/pro) get the salt version if you have a saltwater chlorine generator.
Test Kits Compared
Until it comes in & you can get to doing the SLAM Process to correct your issues
Add 5ppm worth of liquid chlorine to the pool each day to keep things from getting worse. (Pour it slowly infront of a running return)
Use PoolMath to calculate amounts.
When the kit comes, do all the tests & post your results here.
We’ll get you going!

Reactions: Newdude
When I first read Pool School I made sure to follow every link (blue highlighted words) in each article and read those too.
Specify to any Pool Company you hire for any work DO NOT ADD CHEMICALS.

Read the labels on any chemicals they want to add. If the ingredients are not on the TFP list of Recommended Chemicals pass on it. Like good, the longer the ingredient list is the less likely it is to be healthy for your pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support