Bubble in Filter Basket

Plankton

Apr 13, 2008
So I have had this problem for about a year and one half. My filter basket has an air bubble in it, I've checked all the usual suspects and knew the leak had to be underground. No matter what I did I could not get rid of the air bubble, oh well it is what is is, so like I said I resigned to start digging this winter because it was getting worse. Well maybe some of you heard there have been multiple earthquakes here in CA, none of which were in my area. I am 350 miles away from the epicenter of the two largest quakes, but we felt both of them. The house rocked and the pool rocked. So today I put the pool filter on normal and payed no attention to it. Couple of hours later I go to drop the pump down one speed and I look in the filter basket, yep you guessed it, no bubble! As a matter of fact it was solid water! Not a smidgen of any air whatsoever! I couldn't believe it! So I'll watch it for a couple more days, but for now all I can say is Thankyou Mother Nature! LOL!!!

One of the few good stories coming from the earthquake.

I just wanted to add my experience with something different, but similar (perhaps).

In Michigan, we have had record rainfall this summer, and when I opened my pool, I did a few things that I thought corrected my air leak (new O rings, lubed unions, etc), and I was super happy...the pump basket was solid water for at least a week. Then out of nowhere the air leak came back. I really don't know for sure how or why, but my theory is that all the rain had flooded my backyard to the point where the suction side plumbing lines were underwater...thus temporarily fixing the problem (because you can't suck in any air if you are surrounded by water).

Hopefully in your case your leak is permanently fixed...but more or less just wanted to share my experience in case you come across the same thing (probably not if you are in California).

Glad your leak is fixed!

Thanks Mike! I agree, I will be keeping an eye on it. All in all even if it does come back, I'm just amazed thast for just a little rock and roll, (I am 350 miles away from the epicenter and I felt it, That in itself is just amazing) that it could maybe not "fix" the problem but correct it for a little while. I came home from work tonight and the basket it still holding strong. That's amazing. So even if it does come back I won't be disappointed, but I'll tell you Mother Nature is amazing!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.