Rolesville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Question about some material I picked up with my vaccuum.

So I did SLAM 2 weeks ago - all went well. Then this week started noticing brownish "dust" at the bottom of the pool with some cloudiness. I did an OCLT and it was borderline with 0.8 chlorine loss. So I just decided to SLAM and then get the FC up to mustard algae levels.

This morning after 18 hours of SLAM at mustard algae level FC - saw some brownish yellow particles at bottom of pool (figured it was dead algae) Ran my robot vaccuum and when I cleaned out the robot filter noted a large amount of reddish brown colored debris - more red than brown. Bottom of the pool now looks great and water is clear.

My question is - is this what dead mustard algae looks like ?

Last testing numbers

FC = 35
CYA = 60

Thanks,

Karl

What color is the stone near your pool? My red sandstone/flagstone is constantly dropping a dust of red into my pool.

I’ll get a picture next time I vacuum. I do not have high iron in fill water that I am aware of - not well water. No stone around to cause. Only seemed to occur during mustard algae SLAM. Unless what I thought was mustard algae was iron. Had that brown dust appearance when I started the slam and now less and less since SLAM began

That isn't your pool in the picture? That looks like stone on the deck and the water feature. Is it textured concrete?

I’ll get a picture next time I vacuum. I do not have high iron in fill water that I am aware of - not well water. No stone around to cause. Only seemed to occur during mustard algae SLAM. Unless what I thought was mustard algae was iron. Had that brown dust appearance when I started the slam and now less and less since SLAM began
Yes - that's my pool. There is tect
That isn't your pool in the picture? That looks like stone on the deck and the water feature. Is it textured concrete?
Yes - that's my pool - there is textured concrete I guess I misunderstood you - I thought that you meant red colored concrete. Its not red sandstone I do not think. Do you think the runoff from this concrete can cause an increase in iron ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.