Brown dust

Watkinsjr

May 23, 2020
Greenville KY
We have brown spots on about pool floor. The water test is all good. We have changed the sand In the filter, flocked, vacuumed to waste, vacuumed in a sock, treated for mustard algae. Nothing gets rid of it. After I vacuum the pool and leave the filter off , the bottom is clear. As soon as I turn o. The filter it comes back with in less than an hour. If you brush it, the it disappears until we run the filter. We have been battling this for 4 years. I’m ready to get rid of the pool. Help. Please

Welcome to the forum!
This dust, can you pinch it between your fingers? Or does it poof away when you get close to it?
The majority of the time, it is dead algae. That occurs from not maintaining the proper level of FC based on your CYA level, see FC/CYA Levels
Can you post a full set of test results from your own test kit?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
This dust, can you pinch it between your fingers? Or does it poof away when you get close to it?
The majority of the time, it is dead algae. That occurs from not maintaining the proper level of FC based on your CYA level, see FC/CYA Levels
Can you post a full set of test results from your own test kit?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
It goes away if u get close to
It

Dead Algae.
You need to follow the SLAM Process. To do that, you need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF100. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

It sounds like you've come close, but you've never completely eradicated the algae. We have the SLAM Process to do that.
But beyond just dumping in a bunch of bleaxch, there's a lot of brushing and cleaning. It's hiding somewhere.
Check out some of the pictures

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.