Monterrey, NL, Mexico
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Just when you think you looked everywhere, BAM, the weir door foam. Never imagined i had to look there. Never had dull water just FC loss of 4-5ppm with cool weather and low UV index. Started cleaning the skimmer for a complete brushing and found this. I would recommend finding a higher density foam, even an EPO which has less cavities where algae can hide.
28055054-D256-43E7-9D13-6D8BF1BBE437.jpegCB16C28F-3009-4226-AC23-35C257FD5FDF.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88
Just when you think you looked everywhere, BAM, the weir door foam. Never imagined i had to look there. Never had dull water just FC loss of 4-5ppm with cool weather and low UV index. Started cleaning the skimmer for a complete brushing and found this. I would recommend finding a higher density foam, even an EPO which has less cavities where algae can hide.
View attachment 142838View attachment 142839
Where did you get this foam?

I am currently SLAM'ing and came across the same exact thing yesterday! I soaked the foam in a bowl w/ bleach water. I'll be keeping a close eye on it to see if anything comes back.
After soaking in bleach did your slam go better? I’ve been slamming for a week. Could not figure it out. Today, I discovered the foam on my door!

Reactions: Flying Tivo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.