Brown dust at bottom of pool when I brush. How to vacuum out?

heathjudeh

Mar 2, 2020
Atlanta
Hello,

I am approaching my second season with my new pool and I've noticed quite a bit of brown dust/sediment (very fine) clouds when I brush the bottom of my pool. I have a Polaris 360 that runs on schedule every day but it doesn't seem to pick the finer dirt up. I know that manually vacuuming the pool is the way to remove this dirt but I have a stupid problem and newbie questions (don't laugh!)

When I tried to manually vacuum the pool I could not figure out how to turn the other jets off so only the return (where vacuum is hooked up) is running. The other jets continue to move water and I cannot see/vacuum effectively. I'm sure I'm doing this wrong, hoping someone can point me in the right directions.

Thanks in advance!!

Welcome to the forum!
First question is why are you getting that material in your pool? I suspect it is algae. Do you have your own test kit?
To answer your question, you should be able to adjust the valves at your equipment pad to increase the suction for the manual vaccuming. Post a picture of your equipment pad and we should be able to help.

Assuming its just dirt and not Algae (which Marty has addressed)......

Wanna know the easiest solution for the vacuuming?? Ditch the manual and pressure vac and buy a nice robot. :goodjob:

Robots actively brush and pick up the finest dust and debris. An S200 would cost you about $699 from Marina Pools and all you need is an outlet near enough to the pool.

Honest. Robots are the *Bomb Dot Com* ! :party:

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.