bromine and dichlor storage

Macpharlan

Jun 3, 2021
Boise
I was given a lot of bromine tabs and am in the process of switching from Nature2 with dichlor to bromine. In my research there have been a few things that got my attention, this site has helped me a lot in finding answers, but I still have a few.

1) I read you don't mix dichlor and bromine, I imagine that you should not let them come in contact in their raw form as you can shock the bromine spa with dichlor. And since some bromine tabs contain both this baffles me. If I just need to keep them from touching in solid form, do I remove my bromine float when I add dichlor shock?

2) I also read that due to #1, that they should not even be stored near each other?? Do I need to keep them in separate area? I usually keep all my spa chems in a cupboard.

3) Lastly, I see warnings about using rubber chemistry gloves when handling bromine tabs, is that really necessary?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Keep them in their original containers. I'm not sure about storing them near each other, I have never heard any restrictions on storage like that. If the bromine package says to use rubber gloves then I would. Otherwise immediately rinse your hands in the pool and wash with soap and water when you go inside. You do not need to remove the floater to add dichlor to the spa.

Keep them in their original containers. I'm not sure about storing them near each other, I have never heard any restrictions on storage like that. If the bromine package says to use rubber gloves then I would. Otherwise immediately rinse your hands in the pool and wash with soap and water when you go inside. You do not need to remove the floater to add dichlor to the spa.
Thanks for the info!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.