Bronze Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The suction side of Polaris PB4-60 Booster pump hose's barbed fitting is broken inside the pvc pipe as shown in the picture. I tried to use the sprinkler tool to extract out the broken fitting but the tool just twists. Is it okay to hammer in the tool a Broken screwed Fitting inside pvc.jpglittle bit? I have also seen a YouTube video where someone heated the inside of the pipe and twisted out the fitting. Any one had this problem before and how you solved it. Thanks.

Can't you put a wrench on it? It has 8 sides like a nut...
I doubt that would work. It appears the hex head fitting is a large slip (glued) fitting into the large coupler with the small opening being threaded to accept the booster pump fitting.

It's difficult to see in the pic - what is below the fitting? If just regular pipe and enough is exposed for a good glue joint, cut off the coupler, glue a new coupler and new slip-threaded reducer fitting on.

Often times you can use a hammer to gently tap a chisel until the fitting becomes a flat head screw, and the chisel then is the flat head screw driver. You want one as wide as possible while not touching the internal threads (of the white pipe) for more grabbing power

Or you could heat a large screwdriver or chisel, push it into the smaller booster pump fitting, let it cool, twist to remove bad fitting.

I did not want cut and re-do the pvc. That would the last resort if everything else fails. One lesson learned here is I should have used a new barbed fitting instead of the old one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.