Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2018
North Central PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am in the process of closing my AG pool. Last week I brushed the walls and vacuumed and backwashed on Thursday. Water temp was finally in the 50's. With great weather forecast for both Friday and Saturday, I added chlorine to bring me up to SLAM level and hold for 12 hours. Now I just needed to wait for it to come back down to 8-9 ppm to add the Polyquat 60, mix for 6 hours, lower the water and put on the cover. All went according to plan except Mother Nature, who threw a curve ball. Even with full sun for 2 1/2 days, my FC is still hovering at 10 ppm this morning (CC @ 0.0) and it's now raining all day. More rain projected for all night tonight and tomorrow. And air temps for the next few days range from 60's overnight to 70's during the day. Maybe I'll be closing at more like 60 degrees. :oops:

My FC will probably be at the 8-10 ppm mark by tonight. Should I hold off on the Polyquat until I can add, mix, lower the water, and cover it all at once? Or just toss in the Polyquat when the FC hits 8 ppm, run the pump till it quits raining and then lower the water and cover? Putting on the solid winter cover isn't that much fun to begin with; doing it in the rain might be even less enjoyable.

I should add that since it will be almost a week since I vacuumed, I plan to do it once more before lowering the curtain on this year's season. TIA for any help you can offer.

Do whatever works best for you. You don't need to become a slave to your pool. It will not make that much difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.