Breaker box not next to equipment pad

Feb 18, 2014
Houston, TX
I opted to install my equipment pad along my fence about 20' away. The PB normally attaches the breaker box for the pool equipment next the the pad. They secure the breaker box by digging in some steel rails to the ground to make a frame. I don't like really like that ideal, it seems so unsecure.

I was thinking of having the breaker box installed on the home and running the conduit underground to an electrical junction box that is secured to the pad. Is there a down-side to doing this? I'm wondering if this is something practical.

I have no mechanical timers
1 pool led light (low voltage)
pentair intelliflo2 VS pump
pentair cartridge fitler

I think the current electrical code will drive what is acceptable.
My pool, built 20 years ago, has the subpanel for pool right next to the main electrical panel for the house, all in the garage. They ran all the pump wires (I have 3) and light wires through the garage, out to a junction box, then underground to the equipment pad some 60 feet away. So what you want is doable, but it is best to verify current electrical codes as to where the CBs can be for pool equipment.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.