Newbie Pool Person

Gold Supporter
Jun 29, 2021
Hartford, CT
Just had the pool opened the other day, and noticed that when the pump is on there is some water seeping up from the coping when the sucking noise is made in the skimmer. It only had this water in one section - on the side where one return jet is, to the left of the center skimmer, the other return jet on the right side area isn't having water seep out like this. I believe the return line runs in this section where the water is showing up. Does this look like a crack in that line which since under cement would have to be dug up to be fixed? When the pump isn't on no water seeps out and I am not losing water. How much of a $ to fix could this be? Since it happens only when pump is on I turned off the pump which means since it was just opened it can't be shocked and cleaned properly either - but if it is leaking it seems I would just lose water anyways so makes no sense to have it turned on. Thank you for any feedback!

Here is a 12 second video

It does look like a leak on the pressure side of the system. Cost? That depends on the exact location and amount of work to get to the broken line. When I had a quote to have a return jet replaced it was $1,600, but they would have to cut through my concrete decking to get to it.

Reactions: Newbie Pool Person
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.