Bound to happen sometime....

Nursenini

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 22, 2015
Bixby, Ok
While brushing some blown-in tree junk off the waterline tile, I fell in the pool, fully clothed. Not really sure what exactly happened, maybe I leaned over too far or something. I'm a natural klutz, so it really doesn't take much. The water felt good even though the air temp is only in the 70's today. I thought for a brief second that I might stay in for a bit, clothes and all. Then the pain hit :(
The whole thing would have been ok except the location of the fall...at the top of the stairs. I'm just glad I didn't get impaled by the pole.
Too bad no one was around to video. It probably would have won a prize on America's Funniest Video (or whatever its called). I could use the cash ;)

Pool 1
Nini 0

IMG_0846.jpg

Oh my! That is a deep bruise! What an ouchie and then some!

As a nurse do you put anything on bruises? I had heard of something that starts with an A that is a gel.

:hug:

Kim

I'm icing it for the associated swelling. Not sure what the gel might be, but there's nothing to really be done for bruises except icing the affected area.

- - - Updated - - -

Ouch! :shock: Truth be told, I fell into mine a couple weeks ago too. :) I didn't get the boo-boo you did though.

I figured I can't be the the only one who has fallen in their pool unplanned. I'm glad you didn't get injured, but I would LOVE to hear (read) the details...

In fact, I'd love to hear anyone's "I fell into the pool" story while I sit here nursing my wounds ;)

I got you beat!!

A few years back, I fell into my pool's deep end....IN JANUARY. The outside air temp was about 48F and the water was about 36F. I was fully clothed and wearing a zip up hoodie at the time so it took about 2 secs for the water to penetrate the clothing.....O! M! G! I did the reflexive big inhale of air as soon as the water soaked through and luckily I was above water (little known fact - jumping into ice water is dangerous because the human body will automatically inhale when hit with cold water. This can cause you to insulfate cold water in through your nose and into your lungs). I ran into the house and had to strip down and jump in the shower...even the cold water from the faucet felt warm on my skin.

Definitely NOT joining the polar bear club!!

Ouch, hope you heal up quick!!

Is that your knee, shoulder or......?

I skirt the edge, toes hanging over when using the net or brush, even stepping over the corners not watching my feet and don't worry too much about it even in the winter.

When I drained my pool several months back I caught myself doing this for over 15 minutes next to a huge hole in the ground and hard bottom. It took me longer than I like to admit to realize what exactly I was risking and moved back a bit.

I got you beat!!

A few years back, I fell into my pool's deep end....IN JANUARY. The outside air temp was about 48F and the water was about 36F. I was fully clothed and wearing a zip up hoodie at the time so it took about 2 secs for the water to penetrate the clothing.....O! M! G! I did the reflexive big inhale of air as soon as the water soaked through and luckily I was above water (little known fact - jumping into ice water is dangerous because the human body will automatically inhale when hit with cold water. This can cause you to insulfate cold water in through your nose and into your lungs). I ran into the house and had to strip down and jump in the shower...even the cold water from the faucet felt warm on my skin.

Definitely NOT joining the polar bear club!!

Ouch, hope you heal up quick!!

You DO beat me, Matt!!! I hope I never top your story! Brrrrr!
I have wobbled a couple times getting a water sample in the dark, wee hours of the early morning, in my scrubs, 5 minutes before I have to hit the road to be on time for work. Thankfully I was lounging in my pjs. Then I was swimming in my pjs. Water was 82. I had to laugh after I dragged myself out of the pool and into the house.

Is that your knee, shoulder or......?

I skirt the edge, toes hanging over when using the net or brush, even stepping over the corners not watching my feet and don't worry too much about it even in the winter.

When I drained my pool several months back I caught myself doing this for over 15 minutes next to a huge hole in the ground and hard bottom. It took me longer than I like to admit to realize what exactly I was risking and moved back a bit.

It is the area to the outside and below my knee. My knee is banged up as well and I have a more minor scrape and bruising on my other leg.

Sounds like you like to live dangerously!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ouch, post up another pic after a few days that will be an impressive hematoma.

Ice, elevation and alcoholic sedation has always worked for me. :stirpot:

Yep, icing and elevation with the Gilmore Girls for company. Not much of a drinker, an occasional glass of wine or margarita (clean out of both), and have a grandchild coming over in a little while that I am babysitting, so not an option even if I wasn't out of stock.
I have a bit of sun color on my legs, so it hides the bruising somewhat. If they are impressive, I'll post 'em. ;)

That is why I don't carry my phone in my pocket when I'm around the pool. Once into the pool with a phone in the pocket is all I need! :)

Yeah, I'm not a polar club guy either. Any water under 80 degrees qualifies as iceberg water for me! It would be straight to the hot tub if I fell into cold water.

That is why I don't carry my phone in my pocket when I'm around the pool. Once into the pool with a phone in the pocket is all I need! :)

Yeah, I'm not a polar club guy either. Any water under 80 degrees qualifies as iceberg water for me! It would be straight to the hot tub if I fell into cold water.

iPhone 8, completely sealed, waterproof. Get one.

Arnica gel is great to help promote healing of bruises, inflammation and it can help reduce pain. I've used it after getting some bad bruises and it helps.

My son used it after he had surgery to help speed healing per the recommendation of his plastic surgeon. They also make arnica pills that are helpful after surgery.

Arnica gel is great to help promote healing of bruises, inflammation and it can help reduce pain. I've used it after getting some bad bruises and it helps.

My son used it after he had surgery to help speed healing per the recommendation of his plastic surgeon. They also make arnica pills that are helpful after surgery.

That is it!!! I knew it started with an A!

I subscribe to the "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" school of medicine - spray it with Windex!

97e15494c914ee26285743aad819f9c8.jpeg

I took a "swim" a month ago with car keys and phone in pockets, key fob still works not so good of luck with the phone. Fortunately my elbow was fine, elbow surgery 3 months ago to repair my torn golfers elbow. I was bored so I decided to hand vacuum the pool, oops wont do that again.

I fell in my AG twice, from the ladder. The second time I almost fell outside the pool, but a last second wrench of my back landed me in the water, thankfully. It hurt pretty good for a couple weeks. I then decided it was past time to build the deck and put in steps. Haven't fallen in since. I was alone, no witnesses, which made it pretty scary.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.