Bought House Has Pool Issues Leaks

MattM73

Nov 2, 2022
St louis
So here is a nightmare scenario I have. Bought a house pool was deemed fixed no leaks as it had a pool Contingency. Move in pumps off water low. Call the pool company that has dealt with pool get the run around. So I send them a nasty letter and finally get a reply. Owner and operations manager come out. Claim they fixed all leaks in August pressure tested (with air). And the issues could be the skimmer which they didn't do or the unattached main drain cover God knows what fell down there but we didn't dive the pool. Tell them I want the leak fixed and pool switched to salt with a heater. Now horror story.

Find out leak has been " fixed by them" 3 times in the past and the ground saturates so bad it seeps up in neighbors yard. They did the skimmer and the dive that didn't attach the drain cover. They were supposed to fix the leak fix the liner or replace and then attach a new salt converter, filter, pump, and heater. Job in 2 parts find fix leak fix or replace liner. Part 2 install new 120q heater, salt converter, pension filter and pump. They tried to start the install without finding the leak then they tried to put a if the chemicals are not in balance it voids all warranties knowing there was a lea that makes it impossible to really keep them in proper balance. Then they sent out the 120q heater and it was used and had damage missing screws and stuff.

But at the end of the day I have an inground pool that has a leak and needs to be fixed and closed . Some advice would be grand. I want it fixed and fixed properly. And closed

Thanks in advance

Welcome to TFP! Sorry this is the situation you are facing.

I am no real estate agent. Obviously, the deal has closed. However, what was the actual pool contingency language? Have you contacted your agent to discuss your options?

Now on to the pool. Have you determined how much water you’re losing? Have you called other pool closing companies to bid the closing.

Welcome to TFP! Sorry this is the situation you are facing.

I am no real estate agent. Obviously, the deal has closed. However, what was the actual pool contingency language? Have you contacted your agent to discuss your options?

Now on to the pool. Have you determined how much water you’re losing? Have you called other pool closing companies to bid the closing.
Okaybso sorry for late reply I clean hospitals and we've been buried. But no one will touch it with the leak it losses too much water. I have found out that the pool company told the owners to turn off the pump. They were not that bright they paid thousands 3 times to fix the same leak that wasn't fixed. I'm sure I can close this pool. I used build them closing it isn't really brain surgery except the leak which creates an amount problem for antifreeze and adding water . No body wants the responsibility. I fo have a lawyer , which again doesn't fix my pressing issue. I can drain it let it sit I can drain it and tarp it. Best I can tell the leak is I'm the structure or the main drain and it leaked to the point it saturated the yard where it leaked in the neighbors yard and made a swamp 2 or 3 times they just removed excess water till it built up enough that they had to be called out again and again. Then they told owners turn off the pump when they moved out. Owner claims he did what he was told but I realize now that they told him that so the water level didn't drop below the skimmer and the pump would burn up. I am going to have to go after pool company and use the old owner as idiot proof they knew what they were doing. Then to send out sed equipment and try to start the install before leak was fixed is enough to show what I need

Okaybso sorry for late reply I clean hospitals and we've been buried. But no one will touch it with the leak it losses too much water. I have found out that the pool company told the owners to turn off the pump. They were not that bright they paid thousands 3 times to fix the same leak that wasn't fixed. I'm sure I can close this pool. I used build them closing it isn't really brain surgery except the leak which creates an amount problem for antifreeze and adding water . No body wants the responsibility. I fo have a lawyer , which again doesn't fix my pressing issue. I can drain it let it sit I can drain it and tarp it. Best I can tell the leak is I'm the structure or the main drain and it leaked to the point it saturated the yard where it leaked in the neighbors yard and made a swamp 2 or 3 times they just removed excess water till it built up enough that they had to be called out again and again. Then they told owners turn off the pump when they moved out. Owner claims he did what he was told but I realize now that they told him that so the water level didn't drop below the skimmer and the pump would burn up. I am going to have to go after pool company and use the old owner as idiot proof they knew what they were doing. Then to send out sed equipment and try to start the install before leak was fixed is enough to show what I need
Get a specialized leak detection company to come out and find what’s leaking. Don’t hire the original place anymore, they obviously don’t know what they’re doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: borjis
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.