Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello all, pebble pool completed in January 2022, is there any reason not to add Borates this soon? Is there an optimum timeframe or temperature threshold I should wait for?

Additionally, can I store granular boric acid, CYA, calcium chloride and salt outside in the same deck box?

We recommend you give your plaster a year to cure and live with your pool for a year or two and see how stable your pH and TA is before you add borates. Once you add borates it takes much more acid to make pH and TA adjustments.

Additionally, can I store granular boric acid, CYA, calcium chloride and salt outside in the same deck box?
I too waiting for an answer but have an indoor tote kept in or laundry room.

Your deck box going to be outside? Is it guaranteed to be moisture proof?

Stabilizer, borax, baking soda, algaecides, and other chemicals require no special safety precautions or storage. Keep them in a dry, moisture free environment - mainly inside such as utility or laundry room on a shelf or in basement. They have a good shelf life. As with all chemicals, keep them out of reach of children.

When mixed with water calcium can become very hot. Calcium should not be stored where it can become wet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.