Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi,

Once I finish my SLAM, this year I wanted to try and add borates. Could anyone provide adv/disadv to this? Is it easy to add? What does the water tests need to be like prior to starting the process of adding using the Borax method?

There is an entire thread discussing this, I think there is a link in pool school.

It really is completely optional. It is really only recommended if you are having problems getting your pH to stabilize and not continuously climb even if your TA is low.

There is an entire thread discussing this, I think there is a link in pool school.

It really is completely optional. It is really only recommended if you are having problems getting your pH to stabilize and not continuously climb even if your TA is low.

I see. Thank you.

how about adding salt to a chlorinated pool? Does that make the water feel softer? Does it change the maintenance?

I am a fan of using borates for pH control, possible help with water bugs and water feel. Salt 1000-2000 ppm or more will make the water feel softer.

It is easiest to add borates by ordering granular boric acid from Duda Diesel.

More here about borates, Borates - Why and How

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.