Booster Pump recomendations? (Polaris TR28P pressure side cleaner)

Aug 22, 2016
Martinez
Title says it - gotta replace a very old booster after already replacing the very old vac. Vac is a polaris TR28P (been very satisfied with it so far, it does did a great job with pine straw, before the pump eviscerated itself). Polaris recommends their PB4SQ booster. Claims of efficiency seem to be supported by reviews. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about it, or have another they can recommend?

A PB4-60 pump costs about $400 and a PB4SQ pump costs around $600.

You can crunch the numbers for the amount of time you run your cleaner and your electrical cost and see what the $200 payback period is.

I have that pump, and I like it. It is more efficient (~30%) and also runs much quieter. I barely hear it over my VS main pump which is also pretty quiet.

It also might last longer than a traditional booster because the motor is in a sealed compartment, but I've only had mine about 5 years so this is speculative. For me, the quiet operation alone was worth the extra expense.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.