Booster Pump issue - when I turn booster pump on water stops going to pool out of booster return

scotprice

Dec 25, 2021
Houston/TX
I am having an issue with my booster pump and pressure side pool cleaner (polaris 280). I noticed last week my pool cleaner was no longer moving, so I took it apart, cleaned it, and installed new screen. I also replaced all my booster pump hoses that attach the pump to my system. After doing all this, I started my booster pump again today and it is still not working. When I turn the booster pump off, the water will come back through the return we have the cleaner attached to, however, when I turn the booster pump on no more water goes through the return. Any help with what the issue might be would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TFP.

Is the booster pump motor running when turned on? If it is running you need to open the pump and check the impeller. It may be clogged or broken.

Post a picture of your equipment pad showing the booster pump and the hose connections to the rest of the piping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.