Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Time to redo the pool deck!!

This is going to be a complete demo and repour. Our current deck is exposed aggregate. Sunken in a number of places and is very sharp on the feet

My trustworthy landscaper neighbor put me in touch with a concrete guy he likes a lot. Says the guy knows pools but I want to be sure.

What are some questions to ask about how he does the bonding wire to make sure this is done right? And what are the right answers? From what I’ve gathered the existing bonding wire will be wrecked in the demo.

Any other items that a non-pool concrete guy might not know about?

Pool is in-ground gunite. 24k gallons.

Make sure everything that is bonded remains bonded after he is done. This includes your pool lights which typically have the niche connected to the bonding grid under the concrete that is going to be disturbed. This includes the diving board as well. Also now is the time to put in a railing if you've ever wanted one since it also needs to be bonded. I suggest you test everything that should be bonded to make sure it is bonded, record the readings, then make sure to test everything after he redoes the bonding wire but before he pours the concrete. Also my deck was made without rebar and it has already cracked. While not all deck builders use rebar, it certainly would not hurt.

You could also take advantage of the excavation and run some electrical outlets if you could use one or two.

That all makes sense. How does the bonding wire attach to the body of pool water? Thats the one thing thats not making sense to me.

Also - is it supposed to just be a wire loop around the pool or a grid of wire under the deck?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.