Bonding resin pool

cruiser310

Mar 13, 2013
Missouri
Moved from here.
The loop around the pool is intended to bond the earth around the pool to the pool so you don't get a shock when you are standing on the ground and touch the water. The loop around the pool is a critical component of the bonding loop.
In this case, would you need the loop to go completely around the pool if you have an elevated wood deck around half of the pool ,that would make it impossible to touch the water while standing on the ground?

Last edited by a moderator:

cruiser310

Mar 13, 2013
Missouri
Would you necessarily need the buried copper bonding loop to go completely around the pool if you have an elevated wood deck around half of the pool that would make it impossible to touch the water while standing on the ground?

cruiser310

Mar 13, 2013
Missouri
I'm just wondering if you would necessarily need the buried #8 copper bonding loop to go completely around the pool if you have an elevated wood deck around half of the pool that would make it impossible to touch the water while standing on the ground?

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
This is a very old thread so you may not get an answer here.

There are members on this forum who have the same setup you describe, that didn’t install the buried loop. I’d check to see what is required in your area.

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Answered you in the other thread. Have you checked to see what is required in your area?

CJadamec

TFP Expert
Apr 29, 2016
Quaker Hill, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Moved from here.

In this case, would you need the loop to go completely around the pool if you have an elevated wood deck around half of the pool ,that would make it impossible to touch the water while standing on the ground?
Yep this thread is pretty old, and yes even with a deck code says you need a loop around the entire pool.

I understand your point about the deck as mine is the same as yours. Still have a loop around the entire pool. Its a few bucks in copper wire and it's easy to do .