Bonding resin pool

Mar 13, 2013
Missouri
Moved from here.
The loop around the pool is intended to bond the earth around the pool to the pool so you don't get a shock when you are standing on the ground and touch the water. The loop around the pool is a critical component of the bonding loop.
In this case, would you need the loop to go completely around the pool if you have an elevated wood deck around half of the pool ,that would make it impossible to touch the water while standing on the ground?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just wondering if you would necessarily need the buried #8 copper bonding loop to go completely around the pool if you have an elevated wood deck around half of the pool that would make it impossible to touch the water while standing on the ground?

This is a very old thread so you may not get an answer here.

There are members on this forum who have the same setup you describe, that didn’t install the buried loop. I’d check to see what is required in your area.

Answered you in the other thread. Have you checked to see what is required in your area?

Moved from here.

In this case, would you need the loop to go completely around the pool if you have an elevated wood deck around half of the pool ,that would make it impossible to touch the water while standing on the ground?
Yep this thread is pretty old, and yes even with a deck code says you need a loop around the entire pool.

I understand your point about the deck as mine is the same as yours. Still have a loop around the entire pool. Its a few bucks in copper wire and it's easy to do .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.