Bonding pump AND skimmer? (above ground pool)

microscopes

Silver Supporter
Jun 1, 2016
Buffalo, NY
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R5
I’ve always connected my bonding wire to my pump every year. However, I just learned that many people bond to the skimmer as well (in order to bond the water).

1) Should I have been doing this all along?

2) If so, how do I “split” the 1 bond wire that goes to the pump, in order to also go to the skimmer? Wire nut, with feeders going to the pump and skimmer?

Yes, there should be a water bond.

Bonding to the pump does not create a water bond. The wet end of the pump is insulated from the motor and the pump bonding connection.

Copper lugs and split bolts are used to connect the bonding wires together into one loop. Wire nuts are not the proper connection for a bonding wire.

Copper_lugs_and_split_bolts.jpg

Yes, there should be a water bond.

Bonding to the pump does not create a water bond. The wet end of the pump is insulated from the motor and the pump bonding connection.

Copper lugs and split bolts are used to connect the bonding wires together into one loop. Wire nuts are not the proper connection for a bonding wire.

Copper_lugs_and_split_bolts.jpg

Thank you very much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.