Bonding Lugs on Control Panel

Nov 24, 2012
Irvine, CA
I noticed that my Intellicenter housing bonding lugs were never connected to a bonding wire like everything else in my system

It’s been this way for 10 years. (Upgraded from Easytouch 8. Same housing)

How detrimental has this been? Everything else is hooked to a sacrificial annode.

There are two bonding posts on the housing. Can I make a Y connecting the two lugs to one wire to hook to the main bonding wire?

Last edited:
Only one bonding lug needs to be connected to the bonding wire.

I noticed that my Intellicenter housing bonding lugs were never connected to a bonding wire like everything else in my system

It’s been this way for 10 years. (Upgraded from Easytouch 8. Same housing)

How detrimental has this been? Everything else is hooked to a sacrificial annode.

There are two bonding posts on the housing. Can I make a Y connecting the two lugs to one wire to hook to the main bonding wire?
Shouldn't be detrimental to the system, but not code nor the safest installation. The bond is for safety first of all.

Shouldn't be detrimental to the system, but not code nor the safest installation. The bond is for safety first of all.

Thank you. Easy for me to bond the panel. Does it matter where on the existing bonding wire I attach? I would think it doesnt matter as everything is linked together. If I bond to the wire coming out of my heater I dont have to buy much copper cable but wanted to make sure that was OK

I also thought bonding helps protect your metal components when its also hooked up to a sacrificial anode in a saltwater pool?

Thank you. Easy for me to bond the panel. Does it matter where on the existing bonding wire I attach? I would think it doesnt matter as everything is linked together. If I bond to the wire coming out of my heater I dont have to buy much copper cable but wanted to make sure that was OK

I also thought bonding helps protect your metal components when its also hooked up to a sacrificial anode in a saltwater pool?
Attach to the existing bond wire with a split nut (check Home Depot for one) anywhere you can.
Thousands of pools with an SWG and no anode with no issues. If you really want one, get the Pool Tools 104A. It attaches to your skimmer basket and acts as both a sacrificial anode and a weight to keep the basket in place. Much less expensive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.