Bonding issue

Basically a high voltage ohm meter.
It could be used to test for leakage from the motor windings to ground, usually at a few thousand volts.

Yeah, that is why i said earlier in the thread that replacing the motor will probably fix the tingle. I don’t know if the average electrician would have a megger.

One other thing.
Stupid I know.

Set meter to ohms.

Touched one probe to bonding wire and one to the hot. Tripped the breaker.

That short to ground should trip the breaker. Not what you should be doing with the hot wire.

Reactions: doc8404

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
May do that if new pump doesn’t fix it.

What else could it be?

Thing is, 1-2 years ago due to seal leak And corrosion I considered a new pump.

Electricity is 10.9 cents/kWh here.

Both good reasons to snag the dual speed I found on sale (same pump I posted but different source).

appreciate the reply.

Why do you think i'm going to feel a tingle with the new pump?

I honestly don't know that you're feeling a tingle with the old pump. Perhaps it was the angle you had your finger at vs the water flow.

What I'm saying is you're still going to see the 2.5V+- difference between neutral and ground with the pump running.

That's why I'm saying if you have a concern, you should have it checked out.

Reactions: doc8404
I honestly don't know that you're feeling a tingle with the old pump. Perhaps it was the angle you had your finger at vs the water flow.

What I'm saying is you're still going to see the 2.5V+- difference between neutral and ground with the pump running.

That's why I'm saying if you have a concern, you should have it checked out.

Thanks. I sent the electrician a message.

Something is giving me a tingle.

As I stated earlier,
Finger in skimmer it tingles.
Wife shuts off pump using switch on pump, tingle stops.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.