Bond for Aurora Resin pool

KAM71

Jun 29, 2021
NJ
I have purchased this pool and I am doing the electrical work myself.
My question is, how do I bond the pool? Most other pools have metal but this is all resin. I have the water bond in the skimmer but I am at a loss for where the bonding points are for the diameter of the pool.
Please help....

Welcome to TFP :)

There is no metal on the pool itself so no need to bond the pool walls.. You will bond the water.. You will need to bond any metal within 5 feet of the pool if you have any :)

Yay! My pool has another sibling!

What I did:

Buried copper loop around pool, 18” from wall and about 6” deep.

Connected a spoke of wire between loop and wall connector screw, behind upright.

Installed a water bonding plate into my skimmer, and connected that with copper wire to loop.

Right now I’m using my old Intex pump, but I’ve purchased new one and will connect pump to loop as well. Will do same with my new SWCG.

My Aurora is filling as we speak! My pool installer and electrician installed a small metal plate in the skimmer and will run the wire from that to the pump (not yet installed), then into the ground.

At least, that is my understanding :)

Yay! My pool has another sibling!

What I did:

Buried copper loop around pool, 18” from wall and about 6” deep.

Connected a spoke of wire between loop and wall connector screw, behind upright.

Installed a water bonding plate into my skimmer, and connected that with copper wire to loop.

Right now I’m using my old Intex pump, but I’ve purchased new one and will connect pump to loop as well. Will do same with my new SWCG.
Hi. If I use my Intex pump with my new AGP does that mean I do not have to ground the pool? Like at all? The pump plug-in has the built-in ground fault trip thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.