Bond beam

johndav17

Sep 8, 2021
I have a question about a bond beam built up too high. I was told by another pool contractor that our bond beam was built too high, and we are having a concrete deck installed. Right now, the height of the beam is approx level with existing concrete slab and the form boards. The pool company addressed this issue by moving the water line tile down 2". They tell me they will just pour the concrete over the beam at approx 1" thick. In my mind knowing concrete this will eventually crack being so thin and the bull nose concrete will eventually come off due to no adhesion. What are the pool pro thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

John

Welcome to TFP :)

Where is the center of your skimmers, the tile line should be exactly the same 6 inches as the skimmer.. If they dropped the tile down 2 inches is it 2 inches below the top of the skimmers?

Are they doing a cantilevered deck pour?

Last edited:
It really is not an issue to have the pool coping an inch higher than the surrounding deck …

That will be a tripping hazard. It either needs to be level with the deck or a step height of 9” or so.

Show us pics of the waterline tile, bond beam, and deck levels.

Reactions: cowboycasey
I should have worded that different :) I see where I went wrong....

the coping and deck need to be the same exact height... the coping and deck would be be angled to a degree to match the existing deck.. depending on how far away the existing deck is would change to what degree the new deck would be..

I removed the badly worded reply in my thread... Thanks for catching that @ajw22 :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.