So hit my first snag. The plumbers came and set the equipment and left without connecting the autofill. I emailed the owner and he says that is another specialized contractor and that it requires a special license.

I'm rather POd. I don't believe it's true, and the quote I got was for an autofill, not most of an autofill. He came out here last month and I paid cash because he offered me a discount. Learned my lesson ...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, it's not the end of the world. What I don't like is how it kind of swallows up the stone coping. The color is ok by itself although it appeared lighter in the sample. It might change some as it weathers too.

Electricians should be here in a couple hours and then I will probably get to play the "what excuse are they going to come up with this time" game again with the plaster company, which is the same company that did the tile, coping, and decking.

You just can’t catch a foo.c-ing break. On the plus side, you are long overdue for the universe to give you some wins. It will level out at some point. Probably with years and years of good times.

Reactions: foo.c
You are gonna have some whoppers of a story when you are sitting around with friends enjoying that pool. Gonna go through a lot of tasty beverages for said stories too. But after a year or so you’ll be laughing your tail off telling them. Going all Billy Mays like..... ‘I know that sounds insane.... BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE !!!!!!’ Hang in there foo.c. The finish line keeps getting closer and closer.

Yes, you are almost at the finish line.

With that said, have you contacted the company who did the decking to let them know you dont love it? I would hate to see you move forward with plaster if there is something that can be done to help you enjoy your pool more.

Too cold for plaster. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what excuse they can come up with for next week. :)

I got a couple quotes for fencing since we didn't really have a fence before. There's probably a dozen things in my back yard that could kill you besides the pool, but I guess I need a fence now. After looking over the quotes I'm very tempted to DIY and no one has availability until mid-December anyways.

I'll be doing a plain ol' 6 foot wood privacy fence.

After calling and emailing multiple plumbers, irrigation, and fire control services, I couldn't get anyone interested in taking my money in exchange for connecting my auto-fill. I emailed BYOP and they put me in contact with someone who will do it for $650. I'm a little miffed at this, but at least it's getting done.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.