Your doing the right thing. You will get a better quality job when you provide a clean accessible work space (cold drinks and a cookie never hurts either :) ) When you go to a restaurant , do want to have to clean the table before you are seated? You never know how a contractor will react to something like that. He could just leave and say "call me when the pool is empty to re-schedule"

Reactions: foo.c
Tile rescheduled to Friday. I fully expect Friday to turn into Monday and so on ...

I was doing some research into sanitation, I had been looking into the IntelliChem setup with ORP and pH, but real world reviews on here are mixed at best. I still think the pumps would be nice to avoid pouring chemical as much manually. I guess that's the Stenner setup.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
+1 for sure. You’ll be looking at those tiles for years. The frustration will go away very quick once it’s all done and you’ll spend the rest of those years standing back and admiring it all.

Reactions: foo.c
They came to get their check today and we talked a bit about the next phase with the decking. He said my trees were kind of borderline too close but they can do it as is. I may shrink the deck a bit instead of paying for more tree whacking and excavating. If I shrink the deck to 2 ft off the coping, that's still a 3 ft wide walkway.

I keep coming up with ideas that cost money for the porch extension. At first I was just going to have the pad extended and leave it, but now I'm working in footers for a pergola and stubbing out water and electrical for future outdoor kitchen.

Hadn't posted for a while because nothing has happened since they picked up the check. They keep rescheduling, which is fine, but the excuses are getting old. Today they told me it was too wet and I think we may have had 1/4" overnight, they called at noon. Next time they offer up an excuse I think I'm going to tell them to stop BSing me. I know I am not their biggest client/job.

At least I know if they want more money they have to do more work.

I'm kind of ok with it in a way because it gives me more time to think about what I want.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.