Bluetooth speaker CHEAP

I have the Braven BRV1 rated for water resistance (can take a big splash but no dunking)
and they're 80 bucks on amazon now. (paid 115 for mine last year)

They sound great too. amazing amount of low end bass.

I did a lot of research and found it worth having :)

I have an Ecostone speaker that cost around $70 at Costco last year....water proof and floats in the pool if you want. Sound is really good but there are times when I could use a little extra volume. Pretty long battery life of 12-13 hours.

It floats? Can you turn it speaker side down and hear it under the water?

Ever since getting a full face mask snorkel 2 weeks ago I want to hear my music under the water.

I know there are real ones (in wall installation) that do that but they cost a ton of money last I checked.

When it's floating, you can hear the music while under water but it's not that great. My kids threw it in and thought it was cool. Most outdoor bluetooth speakers are water resistant and not water proof. There is a big difference between the two. I love mine since I can literally sit the thing on the coping of the pool and not care if water gets splashed on it or it gets kicked into the pool by accident. The one thing I forgot to think about is that I use a SWG and the grill on the speaker has quite a bit of rust on it. No big deal for me.

Last edited:
Interesting...ya my braven is water resistant...no dunking. I use it for a bedroom speaker now (for a projector)
but I might try that one you have.

Even if I could faintly hear music under water, that would be really cool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.