Sep 10, 2019
Houston, TX
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We have a spillover hot tub with glass tile. We have always had white efflourecense coming from the grout, but now it is turning blue (see pics). Any ideas what is causing this?

20230703_154842.jpg20230703_154900.jpg

Is it by blue tiles? Maybe it's leeching some color out of those tiles? Is all the efflourecense blue or some still white? I think (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) it's perfectly normal to have efflourescence on the backside of a spillover or disappearing edge just due to the nature of water seeping through that grout eventually and showing mineral deposits on the backside? Can't say I can speak intelligently about the blue color though, hopefully someone else can chime in.

Some is white, some has this blue stuff. It starts in the grout lines and runs down across the glass tiles. The tile is glass so I doubt the blue is coming from them. We have the efflourecense all the time but it was always white before.

20230703_154842.jpg

I see it now but I have no clue as to what it is. If it was my pool, I would clean ALL the grout with Clorox at first and if that had no affect on either color, I would do so again with a 50/50 mix of muriatic acid. With luck, you may get it all clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.