Bronze Supporter
Jun 7, 2018
Virginia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Thinking ahead about my first closing(maybe too much 😁) and I am wondering about my spa drain. My plan is to clear out and plug all suction lines and returns with the air cyclone into one skimmer, leaving the main drain and spa drain for last. With those lines clear, my MPV set to closed, and my spa drain diverter set to 45 degrees will the air cyclone be able to blow out the spa drain? That is will the air pressure sort of "go around the corner" formed by that 45 degree opening and not be affected by the check valve? Probably over thinking this but would appreciate any reassurance that it should work fine.

274CB93C-CBF2-4907-A995-5F4E68572E3A.jpeg

Will you have drained your spa before blowing out the spa suction?

The fact is you never know with new plumbing exactly how things will work out until you try.

You may need to remove the actuator on your pool/spa valve and open the diverter so you can blow dirctly into the spa suction pipe.

Thanks! No I don't plan on draining spa completely. Interesting idea though about removing actuator etc as a backup plan, but how would I airlock it?

• Drain the spa
  • Open the valve
  • Blow out the line
  • Reassemble the valve
  • Close the valve to airlock it
  • Fill the spa as necessary
My spa is mostly left drained with maybe a foot of water in it. Don't let the water level be just on any seats or steps.

I just may pay to have it done one more time this fall to watch more closely how they do it. I am pretty sure they didn't drain the spa and refill. I do know they used a cyclone in the skimmer, which is why I was hoping that it had enough force to do the job without draining etc, but I don't want to get started and run into problems! Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.