Charleston, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Our pool was finished about 6 months ago. It's a plaster, saltwater pool. 11,500 gallons. I've been using the trouble free pool water chemistry guide for balancing and I've had no issues with the water except chlorine lock once. The finish is Wet Edge Luna Quartz, St. Maarten.

2-3 weeks after the pool was finished & filled, I started noticing white & gray stain patches on the bottom and sides (towards the bottom). It showed up inconsistently around the pool in large uneven patches. We confirmed it's not etching or scale and the water chemistry was within parameters. So they tried using Jack's #2 on it. It caused a small reaction so they treated the pool with it, but it didn't have much of an effect.

6 months later, it's very slowly gotten worse. I can't tell if it's an overall problem with the finish or something that's just to be expected from darker finishes. One thing I did notice is that you can't see it in direct sunlight. It's only visible when it's cloudy. I'll attach pictures later today when the sun isn't hitting it. Any ideas for removing it?

Apologies if it's a bit hard to see. The reflection of the trees makes it hard to capture.

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 54
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.