Bleach Prices 2015

Quite often I get $5 Leslie's coupons off $25 when you get a free water test (I know). NPS (Phoenix, AZ) has the chlorine 2 gal for $4.95. I price match NPS at Leslies (tell them to make the math simple and use $5 ea) to NPS and then stack the Leslie's coupon so I'm getting 10 gal for $20.

If you're really brave or have a lot of free time, you could pay the full Leslie's price $6.56, and then come back and take advantage of the 120% of the difference guarantee (6.56 x 4 - 5 - 7.92 = 13.32 for 8 gal) at $1.665/gal or $2.29 if you don't have a $5 off $25 coupon.

The 120% difference might be kind of touchy. I once asked the cashier if anyone ever pays full price, and then whips out the lower price ad to get the extra back rather than price match. He said, he doesn't have to give the extra 20%, and he'd never do it for me because I price match pretty much everything I buy there. So I won't try it at the store that I go to all the time, but I would be willing to try it at a different Leslie's the next time I'm near one.

They happen to have the coupon on their website under "store locator" that's good until 7/5 if you don't get coupons emailed to you. Actually, this doesn't have the $25 requirement.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I buy my chlorine from Pinch A Penny, pool supply. Their regular price is $5 for 2.5 gallon jug of 10.5%, but during the summer months it's almost always on some sort of sale. This month and next, its $8 for 2 of the 2.5g refills. I also keep an eye on Leslie's pool, they have specials as well, the last time was 3 of the 2.5g refills for $10

It is just truly amazing how expensive NJ is if you go to the pool stores for the 12.5% liquid chlorine. I found out the hard way. The first batch that I purchased is already going on 1 year and I am done with the last bottle, not 12.5%, but more in line with about 7%.

The second batch is already 3 months old (even though I received a huge discount). Here in NJ I found out that Target has the 8.25% unscented (7.86% available chlorine) for around $3 a bottle and it is 121 ounces.

I even took it one step further and called corporate to determine when the bleach was produced. Could not figure it out. They actually did call me back and stated it was the Julian calendar (believe I spelled it right) and the bleach was produced in 2015 on the 155th day. The label stated 15 155 00:19 p4 VR-01.

It appears at $2.94 a gallon that is a great price. I had paid $4 a gallon for the 12.5%, but the bleach degrades way too fast at around 75 degrees, and not worth the savings. Leslie's charges $6 a gallon, like most other places. Lesson learned not too stock up on liquid chlorine. Maybe for a month at most. They sometimes have a sale for about $2.50, purchase 5 and get 1 gallon for free. The bleach was produced June 4th, after 30 days, it is still a good buy.

Anyone know where they can purchase bleach at a better price in NJ? Thank you.

In CT, OSJL sells true 128 oz. Gallon jugs of 12.5% for $2.99 ($11.96/case).
And the stuff is fresh. Bought four cases from the Enfield CT Store on 6/16 and the cases where marked with 6/13/15 dates. I've been buying from them for two years now never bought any chlorine that was older that three weeks.

Just went to Menards here in Hudson, WI and they have 128oz 12.5% for $1.96 until 7-12-15!

The bottles are stamped with:

15154 21:29 CP1 060315-9

What is the interpretation of the stamp? How much can one realistically stock up on this type of chlorine? I can store it in laundry room in basement where it pretty much stays nice and cool.

Your date (and the five cases I just bought) is in two places first date code is 15154 =2015 julian date 154 is 6/3/15 the last series is the literal date 6-3-15. I bought enough to last me into early October.

Count up the number of weeks until you close, multiply that by 7, multiply that by your average daily addition in ounces (gives you #oz for remaining season), then divide that by 128 (oz in gallon) to get the number of gallons you need. Divide the total gallons by 4 gives you the number of cases.

Kept in a cool place I would start considering the 12.5% as 10% about the end of August. Of course it is highly likely Menards will have another similar sale right before labor day

Home Depot has 2 gallons of 10% KemTek for $6.86. Lowes is having a sale on the same stuff for $5.86 until 07/06/15. Buy it at HD and have them price match it +10% price match guarantee. The cashier told me they no longer have a button to enter the extra 10% and they no longer do the extra 10%. I showed them the HD www site which clearly states +10% price match guarantee. She figured out a way to do it. BTW, use zip code 91307 if your local Lowes isn't having the same sale.

Unfortunately, no Menards in So Cal.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.