Bleach Prices 2015

I never said $2.20 for 5 gallons - that would be insane! I said $2.20 is the "normal" price i pay per gallon. The 5gal for $7.98 is a special in the local circular for Leslie's. That's the only thing that will get me in that store. I took in the coupon, but they did not actually take it, just gave me the jugs for that price. I'm sure it's somewhat regional, based on purchasing power. In S Florida, probably 90% of backyards have a pool, and there's a pool store in every shopping center. Liquid chlorine is available everywhere, fresh, and cheap.
Yeap, take a look at Google Earth,
is like that in my neighborhood... ?

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test

Thx Joel.

You are the second mod who mentioned my pool volume may be overestimated.

You may be correct but when I had it filled, it took 8 trucks at 5K each with the hose on to fill.

Its a 50x25 free form pool with 10+' deep end and a 3-4' shallow end.

But it would be much better for my sake to have it closer to the real ballpark volume than thinking it is larger and throw the poolmath calculations off.

Thx Joel.

You may be correct but when I had it filled, it took 8 trucks at 5K each with the hose on to fill.

But it would be much better for my sake to have it closer to the real ballpark volume than thinking it is larger and throw the poolmath calculations off.

mine was off by 10% after I manually calculated...and mines a simple 30' ABG round

Thx Joel.

The best way to determine pool volume accurately if you're interested is chemically. See this thread here: A Chemical Way of Calculating Pool Volume

It's not critical to be super accurate, but being within 1-2K gallons in your size pool is nice to know.

You don't have a walmart that carries 10%?

Nope. If someone has bought it at a Walmart in the Midwest or southeast, snap me a picture of your UPC, maybe we can try and get it.

Also, just to correct myself. 10% chlorine was 4.72 here at Home Depot, and was 3.76 at Lowes. That's all I've ever seen-because I only went to one pool store ....and they didn't even sell it.[emoji2]

Good to know- there's an Atwoods here, never been. But seriously if anyone can take a shot at what your seeing at Walmart, I'd like to see if we can get it.

I'm also a little interested in maybe if there is a pool store that has it after all. Like the post above of a store in Maryland- I wonder if anyone has it in bulk volume like that.

Good to know- there's an Atwoods here, never been. But seriously if anyone can take a shot at what your seeing at Walmart, I'd like to see if we can get it.

I'm also a little interested in maybe if there is a pool store that has it after all. Like the post above of a store in Maryland- I wonder if anyone has it in bulk volume like that.
We don't have chains that do it like that in our region that I know of. Atwoods had a very good sale last week, a 4 gallon case for $6.99. Not sure of price now, but I bet it is $10 or less.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thx Joel...

The company in Maryland is;

Amato
9120 Talbot Ave
Silver Spring, MD
(301) 565-3220

I was quoted $2.54 a gallon for 12%-15%.

When I went in and being a new customer, they quoted me a bit higher price.

When I let them know I called, they honored the $2.54 price.

This is the first time I used the concentrate and I think its on the higher side of bleach %.

I think it is so, as I have to SLAM my pool and when I added the amount from Pool Math, it jumped my numbers
pretty high.

Hope it helps.
Is it really 15%?

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

f03e6bcdc0cec755b8d10163081f302a.jpg

10% for $2.50 indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.