Bleach Prices 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
121oz 8.25% Publix Brand Bleach was on sale last week for $2.10/each
One of my nearby pool stores (Pools and More Factory Outlet) sells 2.5 gallon jugs of 10.5% Chlorine for $5/each...buy 10 get 1 free rewards card, with double credit on wednesdays...
That works out to be $1.67/gallon for 10.5% if you do all your buying on Wednesday, $1.81/gallon the rest of the week.

That seems like a great deal....is there something I'm missing that should push me to just use bleach from the grocery/wal-mart, etc?
I would only check if that chlorine contains stabilizer.
I believe 10% chlorine target used to sell for a $5 per gallon had stabilizer in it

other than that I don't know how you guys get these prices. I guess I never looked hard enough

That seems like a great deal....is there something I'm missing that should push me to just use bleach from the grocery/wal-mart, etc?
Nope, but some of us aren't so lucky. I've yet to find a decent source of 10% in Austin. I've noticed people in nearby parts of Texas aren't doing any better. I see a SWG in my future.

I've got a week or two before I run out of the Publix bleach I bought...but I need to go back to the pool store to exchange a cleaning pole I bought today. They fill the jugs themselves and have stickers they put on the jug with the cautions and such...along with the chemical analysis.

If I remember right, it said "10.5% Sodium hypochlorite, 89.5% inert ingredients" I'll see if I can get one of the stickers tomorrow.

One of my nearby pool stores (Pools and More Factory Outlet) sells 2.5 gallon jugs of 10.5% Chlorine for $5/each...

buy 10 get 1 free rewards card, with double credit on wednesdays...
That works out to be $1.67/gallon for 10.5% if you do all your buying on Wednesday, $1.81/gallon the rest of the week.

that's a great deal on the 2.5gal jugs of 10.5% bleach !!!

I just stopped into Home Cheapo to get some muriatic acid, and lo and behold, there on the shelf is 1 gallon jugs of "liquid chlorinator." Wow! Almost no one around here sells the pool-strength liquid... check the label, it's 10% sodium hypochlorite, good, good - so how much is it? WHAT? $16.43 a gallon! :laughblue:

Guess I'll just stick with my 8.25% Clorox from Sam's!

I was in Home Depot recently and there were many cases of the 10% sitting outside in 100 degree temp. Checked the date code. Manufactured in 2013. Probably not worth a dime a gallon at it's current degraded strength.

I just stopped into Home Cheapo to get some muriatic acid, and lo and behold, there on the shelf is 1 gallon jugs of "liquid chlorinator." Wow! Almost no one around here sells the pool-strength liquid... check the label, it's 10% sodium hypochlorite, good, good - so how much is it? WHAT? $16.43 a gallon! :laughblue:

Guess I'll just stick with my 8.25% Clorox from Sam's!

I saw the 10% at Home Depot for $10.99 for 4 gallons about two weeks ago.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tried Leslie's for LC, paid $17 for 4 gal (128 oz). They marketed "10-12.5%", but when I opened the box and looked under ingredients, it was only 10%. Felt a bit duped, but lesson learned. At least I am going to earn a $5 credit on my next purchase at Leslie's because I racked up enough points for that. Next time I'll get the 10% from Leslie's using the $5 credit, but after that I'll just stick with Walmart or Aldi's.

I guess us Florida people are spoiled (Tampa, FL)
My local Pinch A Penny has 2.5g jugs 10.5% for $4.90 after tax. Basically $1.96 a gal/10.5%
This is after I purchased 2 jugs, but buy 10 get 1 free. They usually have BOGO refill sales too...
I'm only using about 5g a month, though. $10 is way cheaper than what my pool company was charging me.

mjj047s,

I hear you on that, my Leslies just sent the normal bi-monthly mailer that has 2 2.5gal for $8.54 after tax, they also do the buy 10 get 1 free deal so I get 11 jugs 27.5gal for roughly $1.55/gal 10.5%. Also this doesn't take into account that I sometimes get them to fill one of my 3 jugs free just because...

I didn't have to buy my jugs as I see them on the side of the road all the time and pick them up :)

dam Ricky'sMom, they never hook me up. They aren't super nice at my PaP though. Are the containers interchangeable at both stores? Meaning can I take my PaP jugs to Leslie's? Both are pretty close. I get the Leslie's mailer too...Wonder if PaP takes competitor's coupons.
Also never seen any jugs on the side of the road!
You have good luck, my friend.

EDIT: PaP policy
If you find a lower price on an identical item, bring in the competitor’s advertisement showing the specific item and price and we will match it. If you have already made a purchase at our store and find a lower advertised price within
30 days from date of purchase, with a valid receipt, we will refund you the difference of what you paid.

DOUBLE EDIT: PaP's jugs have their name embossed into the side. I'm sure they don't want them at Leslie's

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.