Winter Garden FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Ok not sure of this is the right place for this or not but our pool is about 6 months old. This weekend we were using it and saw a large black spot in the corner on the deep end. Today I found a small one next to the main drain. I have a call into my interior company but does anyone here have any insight? I'm worried it's black algae but don't want to jump to concluses. I'll do a full water test tomorrow

Also around my main drain I have some white areas/blotchy areas but I'm not sure what that is either.

Best picture of the black spot is attached

Attachments

• 20210505_193125.jpg
    20210505_193125.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 23
Do you have abalone shells in your plaster? There have been many threads about this.. There are different grades of shell and some turn brown and black..

here are a couple

Thanks I'll take a look. Any idea on the white area around the drain?

Looking at your poolmath logs and the CSI is too high. Try to be .o to -.6 for the least amount of scaling.
Just saw that on the app the Acid I added should help drop the CSI to appropriate levels. I'll have to do some research on how to handle the scale

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.