Black Algae on the side of pool lining

Aug 2, 2013
Hi all. I have a salt water based pool which is lined (plastic or vinyl not sure). The pool has been covered for longer than usual (8-9 months) because of Covid as we haven't been able to get to the house which is Italy. A local pool company has opened it for me, but has found quite a bit of what looks like black algae on the side of the pool as shown in the pic. They are saying they haven't seen this in a pool before which is a little concerning. Has anyone seen this or reccommend a product or way to remove it ?

thanks,

Attachments

• algae.jpg
    algae.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 15
That looks like mold not black algae. Black algae takes hold in plaster not liner pools.

Is that above water or under water?

Its above the normal water line when the pool is open. However, that was found after taking the pool cover off, which had water sitting on top of it, which I assume raised the level to where this mold or algae is. I'm not there to address the problem personally. but a local pool company are having challenges finding a product to remove it.

The products to get rid of mold are chlorine, elbow grease, and time to work on and dry the areas. Pool companies look for the magic potion they can apply and move on.

Mold likes to grow in dark damp locations. Sounds like under the cover was a good area.

Read up on what is done for mold remediation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.