Big ph drop?

Farmerstan91

Jun 28, 2019
Sw missouri
First year with the pool and initial fill had hard water in it ta-140ish if i remember correctly and had to drop ph every 2-3 days at first then spaced out as my ta came down. Pool finally leveled out at 7.6 2-3 weeks ago and has stayed steady since. Last checked it sunday at 7.6 then checked this morning and its down to 7.0 and ta is at 60. Anything happening i should check or just raise the ph and move on with life?

pH can only drop if you add acid (or acid containing products) to the water.

How do you chlorinate?

FC of 2.0 is likely not good but can't judge without CYA.

First year with the pool and initial fill had hard water in it ta-140ish if i remember correctly and had to drop ph every 2-3 days at first then spaced out as my ta came down. Pool finally leveled out at 7.6 2-3 weeks ago and has stayed steady since. Last checked it sunday at 7.6 then checked this morning and its down to 7.0 and ta is at 60. Anything happening i should check or just raise the ph and move on with life?
I agree with everything mknauss posted above.
Too, if ever test results reveal a drastic change, I re-test, 2/3 times and double check if Reagents expired?
Im guessing you would already know if the proximity of your fields and power machines to your pool could be a factor And whether or not You switched chlorine dose or type...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.