West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So we see that the Betta2 are starting to fail. I noticed that on mine the left motor is now more noisy and clicks when you turn the prop. The right motor does not do this. I am not thrilled about sending it back. What are the home repair that are being done to extend the life?

I'm super sorry you didn't receive a response...many days later.

I think there is not much experience on the forum with surface skimmer mechanical repair.

Seems like nowadays all these pool gizmo manufacturers just want you to toss it out when it breaks and buy a new one. They don’t typically offer spare parts for sale or release any documentation on how they can be serviced. Basically it’s just sell it, use it, toss it out, repeat, …

Even if you can take it apart and “reverse engineer” it, the sub-components are usually parts manufactured in bulk overseas (Asia typically) and you can’t buy them in anything less than shipping container sized quantities.

Maybe see if you can find some used ones on eBay and then scavenge them for parts 🤷‍♂️

Actually it’s not a big deal. It has a 3 year warranty so I should be fine. It is really more to protect the company, if there is an easy way to fix it or do preventive maintenance its in their best interest to let us know. Otherwise I will just keep sending them back when the break.

Reactions: PoolStored
Well that’s the conundrum isn’t it? What maintenance would void the warranty? I would like to see them make the motors more user serviceable for maintenance. Right now all they will tell you to do is to spray the motors out with water and WD-40. If your motor is noisy and clicks then it’s damaged.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.