Betraying my TFP with trichlor while on vacation

:shock: yeah that is some low CA!!!

Nice job on knowing what did what while you were gone! You have this dialed in! :hug:

Kim:kim:

Yup :)

Now if only I can find this best of suicidal yellow jackets, or whatever they are. 3rd basket filled with them in a week.
IMG_20170817_160557.jpg

Yup :)

Now if only I can find this best of suicidal yellow jackets, or whatever they are. 3rd basket filled with them in a week.
IMG_20170817_160557.jpg

Careful! These are potter wasps, and they do sting. They like to live between old brick and mortar so maybe there is a nest close by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
40,400 inground gunnite, max depth 10-ft with 1.5 hp single speed Pentair, DE filter, well water, only one skimmer working, TAYLOR TK-2006 TEST KIT COMP CHLORINE FAS-DPD, Chester County, PA--OLD pool, but a beauty.

There's no brick buildings within at least a quarter mile of our house, if not further. I was thinking they look like European Paper Wasps. Haven't had time to see if they're native to the area or not though. Either way, planning to show them to the exterminator when he comes to spray next week.

So, final results are:

FC remained at then shock level of 17.5 and fell to 16.5 when I just tested again
CC is 0
pH fell the expected amount of 7.7 down to 7.3 (tested after neutralizing chlorine with a drop of R-0007)
TA remained the same at 50
CYA climbed from 40 to 50 as expected
CH, didn't test cuz don't care about it with vinyl pool

I did top off the water with my well water, but have seen any signs of the full clear green tint of iron. Might get lucky though, since we'll should be full with no use in 4 days and only topped up 2 inches, so probably didn't disturb the clay and iron down there much.

Thanks for sharing your experience and results, glad it all worked well for you! My vacation is next week and I'm hoping for very similar results.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, you'd come back to huge jucuzzi lol. I have solar panels in Summerlin, NV and it jumped to 95 degrees in 4 days when it was over 110 degrees outside when I was gone

Ran for 6 hours a day . and the chlorine was gone but no green stuff. You'd practically have no heat loss cause of a cover

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.