Best way to test salt?

My SWG has a digital display that shows the level of salt, and I always go by that because if it goes low my system doesn't generate chlorine! If it gets down to about 2600 I add a 40 lb bag of salt. I had my water tested at Leslie's and they told me I had WAY more salt than my digital readout said, making me wonder if my digital display is incorrect. They have a whole new system this year to check chemicals and salt now. It does seem like I have had to add more salt in the last year than I have had to in the past. My salt cell is clean. It seems like I don't have any other choice than to trust my SWG digital display since that is what determines if chlorine is produced or not but is there another good way to test the salt level? I don't trust Leslie's, unfortunately.
Get yourself Aquacheck Salt Titration test strips, they are very reliable and provide more accurate readings than an SWG readout which can be very temperature dependent. That’s what I do with my Pentair IC40 … it always tends to indicate higher salt pppm’s with higher temps on my control panel. Good luck!

Reactions: BB_Sacramento
After sending photos and videos and emailing back and forth with Bruce, the Hayward Board repair guy, he's pretty sure the part on my board that needs replaced is one he can't get any longer. He offered to try if I wanted to mail it to him but I am going to buy a new panel and cell together now since mine are 14 years old.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.