Best way to replace insulation?

Mar 21, 2015
USA
Just replaced all the jets on my 2013 jetsetter and now I want to replace the insulation that I had to rip off. I still have the old foam but most of it is in smaller pieces so it would be a little difficult to reuse. I want to avoid using spray on foam (except for the bottom of the tub that I took a chunk out of) just in case if I ever have to go in again to make a repair.

Would using fiberglass insulation be a good alternative to stuff in there? Any ideas?

Attachments

• 60YdIF2.jpg
    60YdIF2.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 16
  • BlxlyDT.jpg
    BlxlyDT.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 16
  • UhZE0ZQ.jpg
    UhZE0ZQ.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 16
You can try batts of insulation to see if that works. Depending on where you are it could be not insulated enough.

The full foam vs perimeter foam debate is running in my head! :)
If you live in an area that doesn't get too cold you can try the foam panel insulation although I'm not sure if it would work well on a full foamed tub.

You can try batts of insulation to see if that works. Depending on where you are it could be not insulated enough.

The full foam vs perimeter foam debate is running in my head! :)
If you live in an area that doesn't get too cold you can try the foam panel insulation although I'm not sure if it would work well on a full foamed tub.
I live near up north so I think insulation is a must for me. Just trying to figure out a solution that isn't "permanent" in case I have to repair something in the future. It was a NIGHTMARE digging out the hard foam surrounding the nuts on the jet body. Don't want to have to do that again if I can avoid it.

Don't.
That foam insulation is great if the power goes out in the winter, but you won't see much difference on your monthly electric bill if you leave it out. Certainly not enough to pay for new foam of the type used in spas. Foam expansion can cause problems, as can shrinkage over time.
I'd suggest some 1" blueboard behind the skirt in the areas you've dug out. You can glue it in place with a "bead" of greatstuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.