Park City, UT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I purchased a used 29.5' x 17' x 4' Splash SuperPool. It's a bit older, probably 5 or so years old. The liner is in decent shape, a bit of bleaching near the return, but not bad. The gaskets on pretty much every inlet, outlet, etc. are shot and leaking. I've ordered replacement gaskets, but there's a fair number of them. I think a total of 6 plugs, returns, supplies, etc. They're pretty standard looking and remind me of the Howard skimmer return I installed on my Intex last year.

What's the best way to replace the gaskets without losing a ton of water? 2 of them are at the very bottom part of a corner so losing a LOT of water is very possible. Any good tricks?

Suction is bottom right, return is very left side, and the plug is above the suction on the right which holds the Splash skimmer. I have 3 more exactly like this on the opposite side of the pool.

1659072825467.png

Last edited:
That's a tough one. Since you are replacing the gaskets inserted between each fitting, and are required to disassemble each fitting to get to the gasket, I don't know of any way to avoid the inevitable - losing water. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Adding some better pictures of the fittings now that it's daylight out.

At this point I'm thinking I'll get a sheet of plastic or thin rubber or something and use that to try and help block off the hole while I'm swapping it out. I think I'll do it with 2 people, me on the inside and my brother on the outside of the pool. I'll pull the screw part off while my brother pushes on the fitting to keep the outside gasket compressed. I'll then prep the plastic or rubber and remove the fitting. Replace the gasket, re-insert fitting and have him hold it in place. Replace inner gasket, screen into place, done?

PXL_20220729_143328833.jpg PXL_20220729_143346906.jpg

I used a plastic bowl but not sure what you are going to do with the corner pieces. Don't forget to lubricate the gaskets.

Adding some better pictures of the fittings now that it's daylight out.

At this point I'm thinking I'll get a sheet of plastic or thin rubber or something and use that to try and help block off the hole while I'm swapping it out. I think I'll do it with 2 people, me on the inside and my brother on the outside of the pool. I'll pull the screw part off while my brother pushes on the fitting to keep the outside gasket compressed. I'll then prep the plastic or rubber and remove the fitting. Replace the gasket, re-insert fitting and have him hold it in place. Replace inner gasket, screen into place, done?

View attachment 441452 View attachment 441453
@LovelyGong - I have the exact same pool and need to replace the gaskets on the lower corner skimmer return (just like the one pictured). How did you do this with the pool filled? Any tips? Also where did you source the gaskets and exactly which order did you install them in? I'm asking because online I see the gaskets are sold in packs of three with 2 rubber and one cork, but contain no instructions.

@LovelyGong - I have the exact same pool and need to replace the gaskets on the lower corner skimmer return (just like the one pictured). How did you do this with the pool filled? Any tips? Also where did you source the gaskets and exactly which order did you install them in? I'm asking because online I see the gaskets are sold in packs of three with 2 rubber and one cork, but contain no instructions.

I bought an entire gasket set from Splash Pool Gasket Kit

As far as replacing went, I worked really fast, had one person outside, one inside, and had the person outside put their hand on the hole. It’s surprisingly easy to just block it off with a hand from the outside for long enough to quickly swap out the gaskets. You’ll lose water, but it wasn’t a ton.

I did: inside plastic fitting -> rubber -> pool liner -> rubber -> cardboard -> outside plastic fitting. That’s how the old one on there was done.

I bought an entire gasket set from Splash Pool Gasket Kit

As far as replacing went, I worked really fast, had one person outside, one inside, and had the person outside put their hand on the hole. It’s surprisingly easy to just block it off with a hand from the outside for long enough to quickly swap out the gaskets. You’ll lose water, but it wasn’t a ton.

I did: inside plastic fitting -> rubber -> pool liner -> rubber -> cardboard -> outside plastic fitting. That’s how the old one on there was done.
Thanks. I'm going to give this a try now! One more qq..Does this inside plastic fitting just screw in by hand? I noticed it's rounded with no area to grab with channelocks.

Thanks. I'm going to give this a try now! One more qq..Does this inside plastic fitting just screw in by hand? I noticed it's rounded with no area to grab with channelocks.
I just held the inner portion by hand and used channel locks on the outside. Careful not to overtighten, the plastic threads will crack.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.